Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Turning Point



I was never one for Gurus but I ended up in Sadhguru's camp. I heard about him in 2001, when I was on vacation in Chennai. I was standing near a bus terminal with my cousin and that’s when sadhguru's poster caught my attention. My immediate reaction was Oh! there comes another guru to save chennai vasigal!!. Then I heard about him thru my friend and my MIL!! My friend was completely transformed from with in, you know with a halo and all that stuff :) I was thinking to myself what did this 'Jaggi'(as Sadhguru was called then) do to him*!@???... I was really intrigued but still was not ready to jump in.
Carried on with my life as usual...From my husband's family, I would still hear about Sadhguru once in a while as they all'd been initiated by 'Him'.
I used to wonder "what's this initiation? Can I be initiated as well?". But at the same time I was also irritated as they all seemed to be drawn to him.
I was so caught up in my mind that I thought he must be doing hypnosis… I had not read his books or listened to his CDs nor I had attended any of his programs but still I was forming all kinds of opinions about him.
Then in summer 2006, my beloved MIL passed away. She vanished just like that never giving me a chance to say ‘Good bye’. Though I miss her dearly even now, it was not her death that shocked me but the suddenness. For the first time I realized that Death does’t wait for anyone even for me… I was not paralyzed by pain but I felt my pride crumbling down as it dawned upon me that I didn’t know anything about life. The last conversation I had with her was after she came back from the wholeness program with Sadhguru and she was sharing her experiences of the program. Five months after her death, I signed up for the Inner Engineering program in NJ, Jan 2007 –Isha Yoga program.

First I thought it was her death or some sort of guilt that’s pushing me to take the program. But now after 3 years of her death, I realize that I didn’t want to die with out knowing what initiation was… I am glad that I took the program and now I approach my life every day as it is my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment